Joe Nolan and Friends
Joe started out on his musical path through the mentorship of Rhea March and the U22 Program. His appearances at the Blue Chair showed that his talent was worthy to go the distance. We're looking forward to having him back, and take in another dose of this great songwriter and singer. His show will feature some stellar musicians to share the stage.
The strength of his debut record, Goodbye Cinderella (2011), earned a nomination for Canadian Folk Music Award Emerging Artist of the Year, a record deal, and a chance to record in Nashville with some of the most respected names in the business, included Colin Linden, Marco Giovino (Robert Plant, Norah Jones) and John Whynot (Lucinda Williams, Blue Rodeo).
Even in the spotlight, the lyrical contours of Joe Nolan’s confessions retain their mystery. Tornado (2014), a collection of songs that befit a rising star in songwriting world earned 2 Western Canadian Music Award nominations (Roots solo recording of the year) and (Songwriter of the year). Nolan is set to release his 3rd record Electric Love under Six Shooter Records January 2016 with great anticipation.
His appearances include:
- Interstellar Rodeo Edmonton (2016)
- Interstellar Rodeo Winnipeg opening for Wilco (2016)
- Pembina River Nights (playing guitar with Lee Harvey Osmond) (2016)
- European Tour of UK including London, Oxford, Liverpool ( May 2016)
- Cross Country Canadian Tour w/ Jeremy Fisher (Feb/Mar 2015)
- Western Canadian Tour w/ Amelia Curran (Sept 2014)
- Eastern Canadian Tour w/ Whitehorse (Feb 2014)
- Edmonton Folk Music Festival (2012, 2014)
- Winnipeg Folk Festival (2014)
- Scandinavian Tour (Oct/Nov 2013)
- Calgary Folk Festival (2013)
- Scandinavian Tour (Oct 2012)